Friday 3 August 2007

Debbie has something to say!!!

Yes, it's what you've all been waiting for. I thought I would save this exciting moment for something really exciting........like...........I HAVE A JOB!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So here is how the story goes.........I met with a wonderful company 1st Contact, which Andrew has adequately explained to you about (thanks Kath so much!). They set me up with a Recruitment Agency on Tuesday 31 July. They interviewed me and ran a few tests like Excel, Word, Power Point and my typing speed. All of which I was pretty pleased with the results. Then they would give me a call if they had anything.

So by Wednesday, 3 long whole days
(the inpatient perfectionist coming out now) of applying for jobs and recruitment agencies who just say "send us your CV and we will get back to you. There is no need to call us" Yeah right! I became a bit discouraged :( Being unemployed was becoming harder to cope with. Well after praying to God for help that night, I woke on Thursday with a brilliant idea.

I scanned my emails and saw that a recruitment agency asked when I arrive in London to give them a call to register with them. HALLELUJAH!!! So I gave them a call and met them in the afternoon. They tested me again on my skills - a spelling one this time and Stefan I got 27 out of 30! Amazing hey! Then we had a bit of a chat and they offered me a contract (2 weeks in one department and 3 months in another department leading to full time if I wish and am suitable) with a brother type recruitment agency of theirs. THANK YOU GOD. It's in Piccadilly and is 9am-6 pm Monday to Friday. It's paying 12 pound per hours which is in the higher end for my qualifications. I checked out their website and they seem to have a very fun/work hard and be rewarded work culture with Friday drinks and an overseas holiday each year for their staff :) Anyway I won't get too carried away....I haven't started yet.



So the London life is looking up. Catching public transport is so easy as they come every few minutes. Yesterday we waited 4 minuties....that's been the longest we have ever had to wait so far. The tube is really stuffy and yesterday we were stuffed in like sardines in a tin. Lucky I had a handsome fella beside me (Andrew of course) who I could lean on. Since arriving in London, things have changed between Andrew and I. Like he now wins at scissor paper rock. And he wants to go out and spend money and I want to save every penny (literally). I have been coming out with wierd sayings like "Andrew isn't it cool how the land floats on water" (during our plane flight) and last night at dinner eating lobster "this must be a crab claw, lobsters don't have claws, do they?" Oh dear......all this new information and job stress has cooked my brain. Oh well.

Anyway I think I will stop there. Thanks for reading. I will write some more...I promise...Enjoy some more photos :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket







No comments: