Friday 24 August 2007

Clouds, Property Searching and Richmond park

So it's only been cloudy twice this past week, 3 days the first time and 4 days the second time. I literally havn't seen the sun since before last time I blogged. This unfortunatly has lead to an anti-glut in the number of photos I've been taking. It's basically been wet, windy and cold. kind of like a Queensland winter but without the sun, colder and with some extra wind and something they call rain.

So the past week I've been tripping arround nearly the entirety of London looking at property from Kew to southgate, to mile end and bethnal green, poplar, colliers wood, tooting and Balham.

it's been exausting, but we've finally settled on a place in Balham which is just 2 stations south of where we're living at the moment. on the way I've spent many hours on the tube, and visited most of london. it's been fun and I think I know my way arround pretty well now. on the tuesday I visited a property in kew which was nice but unfurnished. I took the opportunity to have a quick peek at richmond park:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ok, so those photos are fairly boring, but I didn't go very far in. it's a very nice place to walk your dog, jog or ride your bike and there were heaps of people doing just that. when we get settled down we'll likely go and have a bit more of a look. the pictures above represent about a tenth of the actual park - it's massive, and has wild deer etc. very cool.

anyway - here's some piccies I took of the flat that we'll be living in while I was viewing it.
a decent sized kitchen:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

living room (that won't have all that junk in it):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and bedroom:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

there's obviously a bathroom also but it wasn't all that exciting to show.

in other news, Patrick stewart, (the guy who plays captain picard in star trek next generation and proffessor xavier in X-men) will be playing the lead role in live performances of macbeth from the second half of september until december! I am hoping I get a job by then so I can afford to go see it! (for those of you who don't know, patrick stewart is actually a classically trained actor and was performing on stages well before he became a TV star.) www.gielgud-theatre.com

It's cool stuff like this that is icing on the cake of living in London. :-)

hurry up and come over to visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

As your fellow geek, I think that is just absolutly awesome, I would love to see Patrick Stewart perform MacBeth. I really hope you get a chance to go along.