Wednesday 6 June 2007

First Post!!!!11!!!1!!one

Hi all,

Just created this blog, felt the need to write a first post, in "work mode" so am writing incomplete note-like sentances.

We've created this blog to let everyone know the latest about what we're doing and to hopefully allow people to keep in touch.

Summary so far:

  • We're Moving to London to work for a year or two
  • We're leaving Australia on the 24th of July 2007
  • We're staying two nights in Japan (nihongo o benkyoushiteimasu)
  • At midday on the 26th we'll fly for 12 hrs and arrive in London 4.5hrs later.
  • Debbie is working on her Certificate III in Business Admin
  • Andrew is working on his Oracle certification
  • Converting Aussie dollars to British pounds is depressing
Feeling a bit nervous putting the story of our life online.... sends my spidy sense tingling, but all the bloggers in the world can't be wrong can they? .... and besides, when we're really famous we'll have to cope with the press following us around 24/7 so we'd better start getting used to it now.

I'm having trouble deciding the scope of this blog also... being the IT guy I am I'm paranoid about sticking personal details on the interweb for all to see. The narcissistic part of me, however, really likes the idea. I feel compelled to do it mostly to provide an easy way of updating everyone who cares about what we're doing. so.... I guess.... you could say that writing this blog is a purely selfless act, done for the benefit of humanity.

on that note - I am also struggling with the personal pronoun issue. I've decided that I'll just write in first person and only say "We" when I really mean it.... Debbie, on the other hand, may choose to write in third person for all I care :-) we'll likely have different styles.

I'm also thinking.... I feel the need to occasionally let the world know about useless tidbits of information that may one day help me win "Who want's to be a millionare" but for now aren't really that important such as "Wow! did you know that you can make yourself temporariy savant like by zapping your brain with electricity?" or occasionally I'll link to a really cool youtube video or something.... I'll try to restrain myself as much as possible.

anyway, enough from me.

No comments: